Current version let you do the following stuff:
* create email identities
* send emails
* receive emails
Be aware that this is very pre-alpha code. It may spit in your breakfast, take your childrens' toys away, etc. etc. You are encouraged to download the source at http://i2pbote.i2p.xyz/releases/0.1.2/src.zip and examine it for malicious or insecure code. You can then build the .war file yourself by running ant in the same directory as build.xml.
Or, if you trust me enough and just want to try it out, follow these steps:
1. Download i2pbote.war here: http://i2pbote.i2p.xyz/
2. Copy i2pbote.war to (I2P base)/webapps
3. Go to http://localhost:7657/configclients.jsp
4. Under "Web app configuration", check that i2pbote is displayed. If it is not running, click the "Start" button next to "i2pbote". If i2pbote doesn't show up, restart the router.
5. Wait until you get a message saying "WebApp i2pbote started."
6. Clicking on the "i2pbote" link in the message will take you to the I2P-Bote web interface.
7. The k-peers number under Network Status should initially be 0, then go up to 1 or more.
Email addresses look a lot like I2P destinations. They are tied to email destinations, which you can create on the identities page. If you want to send me a test email, use the following address:
If you want me to reply, create an email identity first and include it in your email. You can also send email to yourself, of course.
One more thing: You'll notice it takes a long time to send and receive emails. I hope to improve this in the next version.